PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Remove before flight
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 22:27
Danny42C

Thinking about the "flying cat" story, and after many witty captions have been suggested, it occurs to me that some fabric under a couple of small dural tubes is an uncomfortable spot for any cat to choose to sit. In any case, it would have been impossible for the animal to get up there once the aircraft was moving, therefore it got up while it was stationary (presumably as a warm spot in the sun).

Cats are not stupid. Once the engine had started (certainly after the aircraft started to move), any cat I know would have jumped off its perch. If it got up there, it would certainly have been able to jump down.

Could it be that the cat was deliberately taken up there, and then placed in its perilous position before filming started? (Note that the filming starts leaving the ground, not from the beginning of the roll - I must admit that that would be a tricky operation), just to make an amusing bit of video ? That would be cruel; the animal would be terrified out of it wits, and could have fallen off to its death.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, for otherwise it sounds like a case for the RSPCA. What do other PPRuNers think ?

Danny42C