PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 18:50
Teevee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rat5 unfortunately it would appear that you are still living under the impression that we are all still inhabiting the same world that Jack Jones and Arthur Scargill lived in. Reality Check!!! We aren't! I'd love to know what these 'new EU rights are' that all us ground based workers have benefitted from. N.b. I know what they are ... I just don't see that many of us have benefitted from them The general management philosophy is 'these are your rights but if we choose to 'get around' giving you them there's not much you can do about it". The latest UK proposal for GP practices to open 7 days a week will be a case in point. Incentives will be offered and as soon as it happens either they won't fully materialise or the '7 days' will magically expand to 24/7!

Don't get me wrong, as people in charge of an aluminium tube responsible for getting it and any number of human beings safely from A to B I wish you were benefitting from them but you are only going the way of the rest of us. I've never understood why if 'we' want better conditions or a change in contract for safety reasons we have to negotiate carefully and are portrayed as Public Enemy Number One whereas if Management want a change in contracts, 'for the good of the company' aka to make more money more often than not it just happens. It took years before I worked out that contracts and conditions only apply to one side ...