PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 18:47
A50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Assessment

I went to the assessment about a week ago and got the positive response today. Since this thread has helped me out I'm going to try to help you out.

I started with the interview where I was asked some HR questions:

-Why Ryanair?
-What qualities makes a good captain?
-What do your parents think about you chosing this line of work?
-What was the most important moment of your MCC course?
-What was the hardest decision in your life?

Then some technical questions:

-Why do aircraft have swept wings?
-What are some dangers with swept wings?
-How do we operate in lower speed ranges with swept wings?
-VFR vs VMC?
-What direction is the jetstream above this building traveling?
-Whats the minimum windspeed of a jetstream?
-What is a lenticular cloud?
-Where could you expec to find a lenticular cloud, and would you fly through it?

And a few more questions (I'll edit them in if I remember them).

For the simulator we took turns as PF and PM (45 minutes each) and flew the Wallasey 2T departure out of Liverpool, did some turns climbs and descents and finally smoke in cabin followed by ILS (with LOC/GS failure in VMC). Same for my partner.

A word of advice however, the interview was completely different for the guys that were at the assessment and you can expect it to be different every time. It's very random, so prepare yourself well.

The atmosphere was very relaxed and they made it very clear that we weren't competing against each other, but that they wanted us all to pass the assessment. My best tip is don't stress yourself out and stay positive.

Oh and bring something to eat, or you might be sitting there the whole day without anything to eat.

Last edited by A50; 26th Jun 2015 at 11:13.