PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 15:55
teeteringhead

Gentleman Aviator

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts
bobward
I was told that these had gone into 2 FTS (?) for action. Well, it's thre months on, and the school hasn't even had an acknowledgement from 2FTs.

As it seems it's it will be some time before any regular cadet flying starts, why can't use be made of properly certified civilian training organisations?
I'd really appreciate it if someone out there could answer come up with some sort of reply.
I'll try and answer as best I can - as I understand it. Under normal circumstances 3 FTS (AEFs) and 2FTS (VGSs) look after cadet flying.

Clearly, we are not IN normal times, particularly for gliding. But OC 2 FTS and OC 3 FTS retain what is called Delivery Duty Holder (DDH) responsibility for all cadet flying. This is a named, personal, legal responsibility for safety. As such they - the individuals and their staff - must assure themselves of safety.

It's all detailed in ACTO (Air Cadet Training Order) #35 which - as a CI - you should be able to access via BADER. Alternatively your WGLO will (should!!) have the answers and the approval process off pat.