PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2003, 07:39
Final 3 Greens

Max

I really respect your defence of your company and appreciate the tone of your reply.

I am sorry that you think we are too expensive on the STN-PRG route
I didn't say this ... I said that your fares do not support the level of service and puntuality experienced.

I'm a business traveller and tend to buy on airport location/schedule/service rather than price ... GBP230 (the highest fare I've paid recently) is perfectly okay, but the service experienced at STN recently has been ragged (okay, this can happen with any airline from time to time.)

So the message that easyJet is sending to me presently is that the cost per km ain't great and that the service on the ground/in the cabin is on a par with Ryanair, who I don't often use.

We really don't think that the average passenger (business or otherwise) wants to land in a field 70 kms away from the city they're trying to visit.
That really depends where the 70kms is, e.g. Charleroi is about 60kms from Brussels, but is quite convenient as there is door to door autoroute or the railway nearby making the transfer time to Gare du Midi around an hour - pretty good going compared to the 40 mins from Zavantem.... and the transit time through Charleroi pretty much takes away the difference, as it is a tiny airport with very fast baggage delivery. In reality STN/CRL or LCY/BRU gets me from door to door in pretty much the same time.

One thing's for sure, the majors have had it in shorthaul jet ops
I don't agree with you at all. What has happened is that the majors have got a wake up call in the area of working practices and productivity. Like the dinosaurs that some of them are, the blow to the tail does take a while to get through to the brain, but they are very large and have sharp teeth

As I said in my other post, I'm not an easyJet knocker, but I am confused by the mixed messages that I am receiving presently and have switched my PRG business to CSA for Sept/Oct as a result.

Maybe you are right that there has never been a better time to fly in Europe, but the sad bottom line is that your company is not getting my business and I would genuinely prefer to keep the cash flowing to another UK organisation.

Anyway, thanks for the courteous reply and good luck.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 20th Jun 2003 at 08:26.