PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally following my dream and need some advice
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 12:58
andythepandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally following my dream and need some advice

Hey there guys and gals as the title suggest I am finally following my dream of becoming a commercial pilot and need some pointers and advice (I know this question has been asked a million times and it will be asked a millions times again, so apologies).

A quick summary. When I was younger I wanted to become a pilot and even did 60 hours of flying when I was younger and on my way to get my PPL but due to some unforeseen circumstances I couldn't continue it and couldn't go to flying school. I then went to uni and did something completely unrelated and got a job afterwards. I actually glad it didn't work out as I have matured and grown up a hell of a lot and actually learnt some things.

Anyway now I've got the bug again after doing a trial flying lesson and I want to become a pilot. Before anyone deters me I know about the debt, the momentous amount of work and studying and even the uncertainty of not having a job at the end of it but to be quite honest I feel as if I was born to fly, its my passion.

I have booked an open day at Oxford and after that I'm going to book some aptitude tests to try and get into the schools. I have an idea of what I need to revise etc but if you guys could just dump any and all useful links, books or dvds to me I would appreciate it. One thing I would like to know is what common group activities do you usually get asked to do and what questions come up in the interview. Also is there anything I can do to wow the staff a little bit more to secure a position.