PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCPH/PFO Airport
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 12:06
737James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LCPH/PFO Airport

At the weekend I have just returned back from a well earned break in Cyprus with the family.

I have to say what a nightmare Paphos airport is on Sat & Sun evenings and the ground agents are useless.

inbound Swissport had no busses so we had to walk to the terminal pax could wander off anywhere they wanted to no supervision in fact one guy nearly got ran over by baggage trolleys and some ended up trying to go into the departures door instead of arrivals.

Outbound back to the UK was even more of a mess over an hour and 30 mins to check in then another 20 mins for security followed by 15 mins for passport. End result flight was being called while most pax still waiting to get through to departures with the last ones still waiting to check in.

I spoke to the crew as obviously we missed our slot due to these delays, They said that it is a regular thing at PFO and they often hit delays there at the weekends they cannot prepare the figures back to UK as they never know how many pax or bags they are taking until the last min they crew are waiting around for fuel.

The situation was made worse this weekned as they had some good tailwinds down to PFO so arrived 30mins early but due to airport issues with as previously stated and lack of busses then once all loaded we had 15 min wait for dispatcher to bring paperwork we ended up leaving 55mins late then headwinds made it 5hrs02 back to UK

By the sounds of it seems to be regular bit of a problem for crew and airport just cannot manage the amount of flights they accept Sat/Sun nights, I am just glad that my current base does not do flight down there yet on the other side of the island i always find LCA staff and agents very good.