PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 22:04
FLYAIR10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the route and even the airline itself is set up predominately for business travellers. I think the theory was to connect the 3 ports. Certainly if you look at the prices they are charging you would have to be mad to fly them if you are using your own money. I would hazard a guess that 99% using the route are getting it on expenses with their company. They might be getting the yield despite the low take up with the high ticket prices though.
I would think they are aiming at business-people in the first place indeed.But when you book well in advance you can make use of the promo tariff,which must also be appealing to leisure passengers. e.g. in september a return ticket(promo) SOU-Antwerp currently stands at about GBP102,which is less or similar than a return ticket from SOU to Jersey or let's say Limoges in the same period with Flybe. So VLM can be affordable aswell if you plan in advance. I guess their yield management is similar to that of other airlines these days. The closer you come to the departure date,the more you are likely to pay.