PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nuclear death traps.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 18:44
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Chug, I do so agree that flaws have been found in the MoD's airworthiness record and, potentially, in the current set up. But please don't suggest that everything is wrong in every corner of the Forces.

This one has run its public course and until any of us has any evidence of malfeasance, we can't just go telling the world that because the MAA isn't independent enough (for which I have seen your evidence) that the Trident force is equally rotten. A young lad does not constitute that evidence.

By all means make public charges if you have something better to base them than this. Your excellent inside information on airworthiness does not necessarily translate to this. Please don't compromise your airworthiness crusade by making it look like (I stress,"look like") your good work is all a conspiracy theory.

None of us here know the first thing about this lad's case, but it hasn't stopped us all guessing. Any speculation here is exactly that, speculation. If you have any insight into the RN's nuclear safety procedures and how they are managed, keep them to yourself in public. If you do not, then consider what message your posts may be sending.

Some things are bigger than your main issue.