PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-BNLL report published
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 18:25
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Emma Royds
Normally published 'Hot Spots' and warnings for taxying are normally derived from past errors that have been made. I would be very surprised if BA was the only operator that has had aircraft involved in entering Mike in error.
Exactly my point. I doubted that BA were the only ones EVER to make that mistake and hence questioned HOW and IF any previous instances were reviewed for severity and repeated occurrences by the authorities.

Originally Posted by Groucho
Which has conveniently ignored the point of the question.........any interest declared, perchance (when not on the golf course)?
My interest is in finding out the facts and them being accurately and impartially analysed to prevent any future event. If (at least 2) crews have made the same mistake at the same point in recent years (I suspect more), shouldn't that sound a warning bell saying that more diligence and less sweeping under the carpet is required?

For completeness, I am no longer employed by BA but was until retirement a BA 747-400 Captain who operated in/out of Jo'berg between 1997 and 2009 and think I know the place fairly well (for a foreign operator - about 20 times between 2006-2009).