PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - The most unprofessional airlines ever
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 12:14
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Harry was implying that BALANCE is important. I want an income to support my family and I want to be there WITH them as well.

So I understand both Vortex's point and Harry's argument.

There is a spectrum that ranges from all work/no life or time to no work/all time and each person and family has a different point on that line that is acceptable and appropriate.

The problem with EK, in mine and many others peoples opinion, is that EK has 'stolen' that balance. The increased our flying by almost 20% with no compensation. Even if they were to pay us for that time, for me, I would prefer to fly 80 hours and not earn the overtime. For me the, that it is where the balance between life and work exists. Others may well be happy working 90 plus hours a month for the OT. Of course, we are working those hours for NO overtime which makes the situation even worse.

All of this of course overshadows the main point and that is that 90 hours plus a month of the type of flying EK does is simply dangerous. It is not sustainable. Most pilots can see that and feel it. A few newer captains have said to me that they seem to be handling it but they have been flying those hours only for a year. Give it a few more and we will see!

They are pushing EVERY department to the breaking point and I fear that it will soon break and we are in a business that when it does break that people may well die.