PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B206 Drivers, read and learn...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 11:04
PerAsperaAdAstra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well some interesting replies, and interestingly a lot of variables with technique. From the LH Seat, I'm happy with forefinger (starter) and middle on idle button, ready to go whilst student starting, as I described in my opening post, have saved a hot start with a student that way. But in the RH Seat, I'm definately now in the right hand thumb (starter) and left hand opening throttle and thumb on idle button camp, I think that is pretty bullet proof. It is a bit of a pain as using both hands to start, you have to clamp the cyclic with your legs, but small price to pay. Due most friction systems I've encountered being a bit worn when tightening to stabilise cyclic position.

But goes back to my point of why that silly spring loaded tiny start button, has not been replaced by a guarded switch, I don't know. With a guarded starter on switch, you could quite safely start with one hand, no problem. flick guarded switch to start, starter running, slide hand back onto throttle to open and hold thumb over idle button to shut down if TOT runs away, starter will be running no matter what. If start normal, slide hand forward and flick off starter switch at 60% N1...simple I think. I tell you if I owned a B206, I'd certainly be very keen on doing that mod.