PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 09:15
SurvivedJZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Homework for the benefit of my family

@Kirks gusset - good having your post

You are right: "if staff leave and try to book ID tickets outside of the period they are entitled to, then they are blocked". 100% true, I would not do it different.

To avoid misunderstanding, the case I was meaning is different: Within the resigning period this CPT was blocked in several internal web-applications, including staff traveling. Again, within the resigning period, serving the company. To me, that is so much unfair and completely unacceptable. I don`t know, what it is to you....

Also, I understand when you question me, why I think about leaving, before I even applied (little correction, I applied but did not join the interview yet):

I am starting to say, that I am settled, my motivation why to change is to come closer with the job to my family , which is my highest priority.

I try to understand why you would advise me to stay away of the Turkish culture?

I have worked in Turkey before, also my culture is South European, we take things easy as the Turkish Culture does and most of the time, Turkish people are friendly and warm. Still companies within a culture are different, people within a culture are different, and so far I did not see a post where the activities of THY are simply based on the culture.

Let me be more precise in my detailed search to understand the situation in THY, although I did not join the interview yet:

My thinking is, that the interview - except for the important fact that you are accepted or not - does not give a help to the applicant at all to get details about the situation, he might expect after serving the company a year or more.
Personal sources from people inside THY are a very good source, and to communicate in forums as pprune is a further possibility to get more infos, to get more people telling about their experience.
Sure, pilots having experienced negative items might use this forums as a revenge. On the other hand, so many pilots replied within this post, besides some emotional facts, most pilots using friendly words and posting facts that my personal judge is that many facts are true.

All helps me (might not be helping you) to make a decision if should give up my present job with its goodies and badies and go for the risk to end up worse. And I do this evaluation before using important days for the interview which I could use to see my boy and girls at home, plus, if I decided to give it a chance, what is the "exit-scenario" if the trial was negative...

Since I do not belong to the group PORKFLYER mentioned in his last sentence ("is only good for a retired wide body captain looking for ....") I make this homework very detailed and appreciate your help in this.