PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gustave Whitehead: First in Flight breaking news
Old 22nd Jun 2015, 08:18
Haraka

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Those who have the stamina might like to refer back to the long running thread on this forum:
Many of the points about( and defending ) the Wrights against their American ( i.e. Alaskan) based detractor were from Europe ( myself included) and other sites around the world.

In all this there was one demonstrably ignorant and pathetically xenophobic troll ( glendalegoon)whose offensive, irrational and finally unacceptably ad hominem remarks became so ridiculous that he was banned by the mods from the forum.
We now have a remarkable coincidence dear readers , that shows that it really is a small world.
In his post #200 on that thread glendalegoon informed us that :
By the way. I am greatly interested in the Wrights for may reasons, most should be obvious. But one reason is that the first man killed in a flight with the Wrights was a graduate of the same high school that I graduated from.
Now we have the recently joined member skyhighfallguy in his post #73 on this thread who also tells us that:

I've taken a keen interest in the wrights and really can't stand so many naysayers and history rewriters. The first passenger casualty, Lt Selfridge , lost during an Orville Wright flight graduated from the same high school I did.
I wonder if they know each other? .........

Last edited by Haraka; 22nd Jun 2015 at 10:10. Reason: Sp