PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gustave Whitehead: First in Flight breaking news
Old 21st Jun 2015, 23:17
skyhighfallguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I am a troll. But I think the wrights invented the airplane. And it is not nationalistic pride. Whether you all like it or not, the Wrights flew first, and fully comprehended controlled, powered flight.

all of these europeans, inventing ailerons, gliding experiments that would have left us with body weight shift steering, these people had decades to work on things and they never got it right.

The wrights on the other hand used their own money, maintained a business to support their interest in flying and in four years OR SO managed to build/invent the airplane.

7 cylinder man , you make me laugh, the Wrights discovered how to counteract warp drag and the SAME METHOD is used today in many planes. Coordination of rudder and wing warping WHICH IS THE SAME PRINCIPLE AS AILERONS. Some planes use spoilers instead of ailerons, does this make ailerons obsolete? And as I mentioned, NASA is experimenting with new wing warping.

And that you talk about frise ailerons makes me laugh. I doubt if you could draw a frise aileron, let alone understand it. What did you do, look up adverse aileron yaw, find someone british and copy it down? COME ON

Kitbag adds that pictures add nothing of value. Oh, you mean like putting the Queen on your money?

All I've seen is a pathetic attempt to lessen the impact of the Wrights. Fine, over here we can take things like that. But we smile a knowing smile and shake our heads over those who missed out. We understand that it makes them feel better.

Last edited by skyhighfallguy; 21st Jun 2015 at 23:42.