PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-BNLL report published
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2015, 21:28
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Correct, but it is not really a valid excuse as we have to just deal with the way things are. In order to mitigate this, I have notes for every airport I fly to commercially. They are on my laptop and I have them printed out on paper in a small pile in my room. When I am going somewhere, the paper copy gets brought with me for quick reference. It is just a single page of notes divided up into arrival, arrival taxi, departure taxi, and departure and whatever other random notes I might feel is important."

Proof positive, if ever it was needed, that the very expensive aero info supplied to our profession is not and never has been up to the required standard.

Neither the content nor the delivery, in graphical design terms, is user friendly and the same trap awaits in other locations for those in our profession.

I recall in the last decade complaining to my airline management and training departments about the standard of the notams and their presentation but alas in the absence of a "Tombstone Imperative" neither interest nor action was taken.

There will be more BNLL type accidents/incidents before the nettle is grasped by the xAAs, if ever. And certainly any solution which costs (more) money will have a hard time being implemented.

"To those who mutter about the time taken to see the official reports...."
Rest assured I have not and will not mutter about delayed reports, my highlighting the delay to the LHR Airbus cowlings accident will be continued at a higher volume until we are all able to learn the lessons currently being obscured.

Or do you want aircraft accident reports to follow the example of the UKs much delayed Chilcott Enquiry?!