PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 21st Jun 2015, 20:36
Sierra Tango Romeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys!

I'm new here and I've spent the last hour reading the thread. Very informativ, thanks! But concerning my case it didn't help much yet.

I've been to Florida in Jan/Feb this year with a M1-Visa for getting my PPL. I passed the written test and the oral exam but couldn't go for the check ride because it was to late that day and next day I had to leave the country . I talked to the school's CEO, who told me he is about to state my training as finished (for visa purpose / immigration) since the check ride itself is not supposed to be part of flight training. For re-entry the United States I would just have to apply for VWP/ESTA like most European tourists.

Which I did six weeks later then... but bad luck again, the whole week nothing but IFR weather, I couldn't fly once (Sunshine State ) and left the U.S. again.

Now I'm done with Florida, I'm currently searching for a flight school in Arizona. My medical is valid until October 31 so I have to hurry up... which brings me to the questions: M1 again or ESTA again? Am I even able to get the same visa for the same course twice? What do you think?

Remember:
  • The M1 in my passport isn't valid anymore (as the immigration officer at the second entry has confirmed)
  • I already have all requirement for the exam, I just need a CFI to sign me up, I don't need to have any flight training (but of course I will, I haven't flew myself ever since)
  • I'll need less than 18 hours obviously (after reading the thread maybe a myth anyway).

Any help is appreciated, thanks