PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loss of Hercules XC193 on 27th May 1993
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2015, 11:33
Distant Voice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
falcon900

When I opened the Hercules thread a few days ago I had no Idea what had happened regarding an FAI or an Inquest, but now I have the answer. Likewise with Glen Ogle, but unfortunately in this case I still do not know if an FAI or Inquest was carried out. All I can say is that in the Glen Ogle case, based on the precedent set by the Hercules, there should have been an inquest. If not, why not? Both Hercules and Tornado crews came from England and were repatriated.

The Crown Office are now getting their knickers in a twist by trying to defend something that no one on the Justice Committee, or in Government can understand. Paul Wheelhouse (Minister for Community Safety and Legal Affiars) told the committee on 26th May 2015, "I must confess that I, too, was surprised to hear that service personnel are not considered to be employees ...............It is therefore a new issue that we have had to consider in the light of the representations that have been made to the committee."

The Glen Ogle and Hercules threads were not opened for debate, but for information.

DV