PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circuit Procedures
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2015, 08:33
Pull what

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pace i know what you mean and of course that is a problem but the guy in tbe twin probably wouldnt be in that twin if he hadnt spent some hours going around a circuit in a C152 too, we all have to live together! I prefer the military way of flying a 1500 foot circuit in aircraft faster than the training aircraft already established in the circuit.

To take up Bob's point about the deadside-I/we teach 1500 stop on dead side until sure of what is taking off or possibly going round before further descent to circuit height.

Here is another reason for the O/H join being best for the low hour pilot and I could quote many more as I am sure you all can

Cessna 172 Landing. Warton

Airfield Ground Support Unit (AGSU) was carrying out daily surface inspection during the weekend period whilst the airfield was closed. Whilst at the 25 threshold, they spotted a light aircraft approaching to land. They cleared the runway area ASAP, whereupon the aircraft landed. The RFFS were conducting a crash gate inspection at the time, advised the RFFS watch room what had happened and approached the aircraft, along with the AGSU airfield inspection team. By hand signals, the RFFS instructed the pilot to shut down. It transpired that the aircraft, flown by a student pilot, was en-route and had been cleared to land but had misidentified Warton for Blackpool. After noting details, and at his discretion, the pilot was advised to depart for his destination.