PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gustave Whitehead: First in Flight breaking news
Old 21st Jun 2015, 07:12
joy ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyhighfallguy: "I've taken a keen interest in the wrights and really can't stand so many naysayers and history rewriters"

No offence, but the real problem is that you display great ignorance of history outside America, and from before 1903.

You have clearly chosen NOT to read the links which I and others have posted which clearly detail the aeroplane's substantial history and development BEFORE the Wrights.

You have claimed that the Wrights INVENTED the aeroplane and that all its major developments of it were American.

All of us that have tried to enlighten you are now described as naysayers and history re-writers. I am NOT a Nay-sayer of the Wrights, I just want it known that there were many other important people and candidates, and this glorification of the Wrights beyond all others is selective and bad history.

It is YOU who says nay, nay to all non-American, pre 1903 history, and YOU who denies previous history, not us re-writing it !

This forum has members from all over the world and I enjoy the full range of information and discussion this provides. I believe that PPRUNE originated in UK/Europe. I consider the Wrights to be very important figures, but consider it disrespectful and historically wrong that you dismiss all non-American Aviation developments as insignificant

DISCUSSION OVER !!!!

Last edited by joy ride; 21st Jun 2015 at 07:52.