PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 21st Jun 2015, 06:27
porkflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kirk I think JZR is just rightfully fearing to experience what the hundreds of expat that left THY since the disgraceful time they decided to exploit foreign pilot have experienced. Honesty and fairness towards non Turks are a rare option.
You call it a lack of training capacity I hear a selective one. In fact it would appear locals are proceeding in their training while "yabancies" wait as you said, but paid peanuts ( if you happen not to fly your salary is more that halved) on a beach that in Istanbul simply do not exist.
The Best European Airline for a 5th time in a row and 4 best airline in the world according to incompetent passenger that fortunately do not know what's going on behind that door is still finding it hard to act not according to European standard and world best practices but not even just in accord with basic rules of education and to have a fair and on par approach with foreigners. The delusional world in which many locals live is what is most disturbing. They should really start facing the fact that their training and flight operation department are not really the best as they like to think..quite the opposite. One would think they should start to have some doubt..seen the recent and past events but no.. go to any Turkish aviation forum or on line magazine.. it is always someone else fault. I find immaturity incredibly dangerous if paired with paternalism and a cultural back ground that values seniority over skills and professionalism. You will be looked at with unmotivated contempt while you will be looking at them in the same way for good reasons mostly their crooked way of dealings. And that is an absurd situation.
I stand on my " strong sell" on THY for the substantial presence of chauvinist xenophobic arsoles, the way too strong influence of politics and the way strong military influence. Add to that the non survivable 110 hours roster on narrow body with lack of real commuting option, the expat unfriendliness of Istanbul and we get to the reality that is:
THY is only good for a retired wide body captain looking for some fun and extra cash, for some unlucky Eastern European pilots , desperados of various origin ( at times with forged documents) , and second tier pilots that did not make it in to real airlines or in the Gulf.

Last edited by porkflyer; 21st Jun 2015 at 15:56.