PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frozen ATPL and 20k euro, what next ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2015, 18:50
n.dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chytrycygan,

I started my training in 2009 and got my fATPL the following year (age28). I couldn't find anything at the first and second year 2010-2012 (well, one unsuccessful interview with cx). Money was starting to dry up fast and relative debts that I owed them still wasn't paid up, and no more money to renew my IR. 2013, I was planning to go to Botswana or namibia a place where i can find job fast as ppl say but unfortunately I lost my medical for 4 months in such a critical time!!! I was scratching my head now, why I couldn't get a job (flying job) while all my friends are getting jobs like a piece of cake.
2014, got married and the thought of being a pilot is fading away. Motivation and determination starting to breakup, dream job seems to be a dream! Then somehow I been watching motivation videos on youtube and it has fired me up. I thought really, really hard that I have to do something about it, something that could get me in first step of the ladder. I had some money saved but it can only be used on either IR renewal of FIC. (I going to give it another shot at it!) the latter seems more em,ployable to me because most instructors that I know of move on quickly and that leaves vacancies for us to take when compared to getting an airline job. So I did the FIC and knowing theres a possibility of no job at the end and if there is a job it will be paid . After completed the course and the HoT had to sign some paper work I was offered a job before even taking the test. So no pressure to find a job but a lot of pressure to perform on a test day. Hard work has paid off and now working as a FI (freelance), 2015. Paid is very and theres not enough work to go around but it puts me inside the loop. I feel my flying skills are improving, my teaching skill are widen, I feel proud when I sent my student to solo circuit (not his 1st!, still got 24 signoffs to go), and most importantly is getting paid to fly (probably not the best money but it feels good).
Next stop, saving up for IR!
I know its a long way off for what you want to know but I do recommend FIC is possible! Because, I shared the same dream as you. The same dream think big but start small, its the small steps that climb mountains.
BAe 146-100 mcdonalds and king are not hiring