PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 407 Exceedance Mystery
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2015, 04:40
VRS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ng Exceedance

I've just had one of my own it seems (suspected Ng exceedance according to data) It appears to have occurred on standard climb out profile (fully loaded) using 5 min limit MGT (approx 740 degC for less than 2 mins) given MGT has always been the overriding FLI in these hot/high/humid conditions. i.e; the MGT will generally not allow you to pull enough power to exceed the NG, and if you did, you would most definitely have exceeded MGT limits...
I'd been doing the exact same T/O profile in exact same conditions in this and other fleet 407's for the past 8 months without issue, which is why it came as a surprise. If anything, I would've expected an MGT exceedance over an Ng issue.
The proof will be in the pudding tomorrow I guess when the data is extracted by engineering, to see if I was a naughty boy and heavy-handed, but I can almost guarantee there was no spike in the 2 other parameters (MGT/TQ) as I had already buttoned the power demand - from the initial lift and roll - off into a steady climb.
I notice this thread has not been added to since 2007. Any other occurrences of interest out there?