PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 19th Jun 2015, 18:50
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ExAscoteer and Kilwhang,

Thank you both for explaining my references to things that most of the C130K community would be familiar with. It's very easy to forget that some who follow the thread are not particularly familiar with "fleet speak". I wonder what the VC10 fleet called ATFOC, in private ?

Coff #3276, if it would fit anywhere on Albert, I would suggest the elevator input bellcrank (banana levers), from memory a similar size ! It looks good on the bedroom wall though, and thankfully survived the trip.

India 42,

What a great choice you made in your destination change. I was lucky enough to be SNCO i/c VASS at Machrihanish, long after your visit, and the fishmonger was still operating. Many a four ship Buccaneer trip, on a Friday came to get the Salmon for Laarbruchs weekend mess function. I will never forget the Nimrod from Kinloss that took on a great load of fish for a summer ball, or some such, refuelling, then being diverted to a search and rescue task. The way I heard it was that by the time the crew returned to Kinloss they were knackered, and forgot the fish. All was brought to light when a few crews later, the aircraft was "snagged" for a seriously bad smell. The rotting fish was eventually found in the APU bay, rotting. No wonder it was known as the "kipper fleet". I wonder if anyone ever experienced similar problems on Albert? Finally, you will all sigh with relief, did anyone on this thread have the experience of the large rodent that chewed the electrical system ?

Smudge