PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2015, 16:16
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they need to continue to focus on areas that are more fruitful, I.e. hitting the legacy carriers and focusing on hub airports etc.
Yet closing FCO to move aircraft to MXP, VCE and NAP goes entirely against that.

It seems now they just make changes depending on current yields and market conditions with I think a lack in longer-term consideration. FCO was also one of EZY's fastest growing airports this year so that wasn't particularly sustainable.

With FR's changing strategy and the likes of VY, W6, DY and 4U all having become major players in Europe, EZY can't avoid them forever. There will come a point they will crumble if this act carries on because it's only going to make them weaker against the strongest competitors.

I also can't see any value in the point they make about FCO having poor customer satisfaction. They're still going to fly to the airport. I'd say that's nothing more than a swizz to try and make it look as if they are putting their customer needs first when in actual fact that has little if any bearing in this at all!