PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2015, 13:50
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
As far as progression...you will be in the back seat for 3 years minimum but realistically for 5 years depending on movement. Also be aware that VARA (Regional ATR) guys will be integrating shortly and that they will be joining the seniority list as of Jan 2014 so you will be joining behind them. Any opportunities to move from SO will be based on 'seniority' so I guess you will be behind any other SO's who joined before you, and also the VANZ 737 guys and now also the 150 or so VARA guys...
I'm a bit confused as to the NZ operation now. My previous understanding was that once you're in NZ, you're staying in NZ with little opportunity to return to AU.

The quote above suggests that joining on the 777, you're now 'behind' all of the NZ 737 guys for an opportunity to move into the domestic narrow body fleet. Does this mean that if you took a NZ 737 position instead of a 777 position (ie, same seniority number), that you'd have exactly the same opportunity of moving onto that domestic AU fleet in the same amount of time?

Disclaimer : Its late and my question may not actually make any sense.