PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - The most unprofessional airlines ever
Old 19th Jun 2015, 07:53
Nikita81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't fear death because I have spent enough time close enough to it to see it for what it is. Fearing your own death is the greatest waste of time you could ever embark on. Its a game you know you cannot win!
I actually understand your words. Fear of death is man's worst enemy - people do much evil out of that fear. Out of any fear, really, but fear of death is the basis of every other fear. And (look! I've started my sentence with "and"!) you can't do anything to prevent it, so why not just relax, take care of yourself, your family and the society as much as you can, right? We think in a similar way and I am not worried for your mental health. I have couple of problems with your comment, though:

Your lack of faith in wanting to do the right thing for the right value is so jaded from constant cynicsm that you believe that nobody can be altruistic without being mad.
True. Many people don't understand this concept. We are selfish by our very nature.

But.

I don't see your altruism. I see your love for your family. That's normal. But I don't see what you do to improve society on a greater level. That is what altruism is, right?

Company abuses people by violating many human and labour rights, which are society's wisest and most altruistic invention (they are one light spot among many stupid things that humanity did). By complying with their wrongdoings you silently give them an approval to continue with it - to abuse more and more people. And even that is fine. You have a choice to comply, because they are more powerful than you and you can't survive without them (Serbs learnt it in a harder way) and you have a choice not to. Both of them are fine (opinions on this may vary).

And (again!) you can think in the way you think, there is nothing wrong with you, by my opinion. On the contrary. I just don't see the point in your debating here. You have chosen your life style, you have your values. Why are you not peaceful with them? Why coming here and explaining yourself? Why involving altruism (when there is no one, at least you didn't say in what way you are an altruist)?

No one is accusing you for complying with company standards, so why you feel the need to accuse those who don't? In your position I would just be happy.

Last edited by Nikita81; 20th Jun 2015 at 03:33. Reason: spelling