PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grob Tutor engine handling
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2015, 22:14
barotraumatized

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dominator,

I must wholeheartedly disagree. The RAF doesn't 'owe' anyone more hours, least of all trainees that, with the advent of entirely more comprehensive trg solutions (and directed selection!) than years gone yonder, it can objectively determine a career path for. 'Unfair' is purely a subjective term but I am entirely intrigued to determine with what evidence you state that the RAF 'often does not get the right pilots in the right roles'? Do we have wrong pilots in the right roles? Or perhaps the right pilots in the wrong roles?
I concur that Elementary Fg trg should be exactly that, but it is entirely correct that streaming could, and should occur at the point it does. I have been around long enough to observe streaming from BFT and the current system, as a QFI, and now as a front line operator the calibre of JP has never been higher; arguably much more professional and knowledgeable than 'back in my day'. Ps- for an excellent read, try the Swedish Fg trg method as described in a recent Air Clues (I believe). An excellent argument for the modern methods of teaching and, dare I say it, 'Performance Analysis'...

Rgds