PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - The most unprofessional airlines ever
Old 18th Jun 2015, 21:19
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Three Certain Things in Life.

First things first. I never said that I would kill myself for my job, what I said was that if the job kills me then so be it. The two are entirely different. Does a Deep Sea Diver not know what he is doing to his body and accepting that the job is dangerous and costly in human terms but take the risk and the money. why?

Does an astronaut or a test pilot not do the same? Why?

Why is it that so many of you are so unwilling to accept your own a) mortality and b) worth.

My viewpoint is not one of wanting, seeking or even being happy with the prospect of the inevitable but the only certainties in life other than taxes are a good night out if you get a nurse drunk.

My family may want time with me but if the choice is time with me versus school fees/mortgage being paid I know which they will remember when everyone else has a life and they are working two jobs because I wanted an extra cuddle. How selfish would that be. I want more time with them, but there are many things I want. Want doesn't get!

It was a simple thing that I and many accepted as part of military service. Not every one makes it and if they do there is often no rhyme or reason as to their point of dispatch to the never after.

I wish to live a long and happy life, seeing my family flourish and prosper. I want to see grandchildren and the generation I am rearing reaping the success of my hard work. However I chose to get married and chose to have children. They didn't ask to be born. I want their lives to not be as hard as mine. I want them to enjoy not having to work like I have, do and will do so that their offspring also enjoy what I likely will not get the opportunity to do so.

It's called sacrifice! Your lack of faith in wanting to do the right thing for the right value is so jaded from constant cynicsm that you believe that nobody can be altruistic without being mad.

Shame on you. I don't think that I have nothing to offer society and certainly don't think I have nothing to offer aviation. In fact I think quite the reverse I enjoy work. Some of us enjoy it so much that that is all we need.

Some people need a Lamborghini, a Ferrari or a Bugatti. There are happy bush pilots out there and unhappy chief pilots in flag carriers. I personally think that being a TRE is more valuable than the extra pay as being able to pass your skills, passion, dedication and enthusiasm on is more rewarding to me than money.

I don't fear death because I have spent enough time close enough to it to see it for what it is. Fearing your own death is the greatest waste of time you could ever embark on. Its a game you know you cannot win! That is not the same as having nothing to live for! I love my family, I love flying and I am grateful to be able to continue to have a family and fly for a living.

Congoman & Snakeman you are simply the height of rudeness. Do not presume to tell me or anyone else how reality really is. Why is it that you are so enlightened and I am wrong. Do I say anything that isn't true. Are you not statisically likely to die at some point! You don't have to share my view on life but don't you dare pretend you have the ability to introspect so greatly that you feel the god given right to question the sanity of someone who sees a life of service to thier family and their profession.

People like you are the reason that we have so many managers and not enough leaders in our profession. This isn't just a job, it's a calling to many pilots. Many of us love our jobs and the fact that they pay me do my passion and the thing that I love in life is actually a brucey bonus. We just aren't that badly paid! For all this constant whining and whinging.

As for the bit young comment. If not that far of 50 is a bit young then errrm yep. Chances are though that I was at war somewhere whilst you were hanging your graduation robes up so how's about you get over the fact that this isn't naivety it's worse than that in fact it's your worst nightmare. A pilot who is happy being a pilot and thinks he isnt that badly paid by being in the top 2% of all earners in the UK.