PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2015, 17:03
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They were much better off in T2. It's partly up to American which one of JFK/ORD/PHL to promote really, might they be better (he said repeating himself) offering two destinations from T2 across a A332/B772 and a B757/B767?
Skip, although we don't always see eye to eye on MAN issues, in my view you make a fair point, or rather raise a valid question.

I very much hope it doesn't happen but if AA were to promote only two of the current 3 routes i.e. drop one of them, what factors would they take into account?

Take up of Business Class seats and at what fares.
Any significant customer contracts in place.
Overall yields on the routes.
The ratio of transfer pax to O & D for the 3 routes. If, for example, PHL has most transfer pax, what are the final destinations and would reasonable options be available from the other two US hubs?
Competition - only applies to New York.
Freight carried.
Seasonal variations.

If service reliability, condition & comfort of aircraft and T3 experience are as poor as being claimed by some, it would seem AA face an uphill battle, particularly with potential higher yield customers. Maybe MAN facilitating a terminal move would be a start.

Delta appear to have a loyal customer base and I gather their JFK service has got off to a reasonable start.