PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest NATO war games in the Baltic.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2015, 12:06
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latest NATO war games in the Baltic.

Nato shows its teeth to Russia with elaborate Baltic training exercise | World news | The Guardian

Hope the link works, failed last time. Showing my former alma mater there nicely. Amazing to think Ocean was launched 20 years ago.
Always thought the Apache crews were/are very brave men (and women) to operate the helicopter over the water - they are pretty well death traps if they ditch IMHO. That narrow band of armoured glass always seemed too narrow to get through with the gear on. Has it been done before?
As for this exercise...God help us. I read a world war two veteran say recently the best thing ever would be for the worlds leaders to be made to attend compulsory peace studies....
I think conducting an invasion 100 miles from Russia could send the wrong signal-that we do indeed plan to attack their base in Kalingrad. Is this wise? Was this correct thinking on NATOs part?
Come on, answers and debate.
Glad the leftish wing Guardian reports these things as well as it can. Well done the Guardian and Ewen MacAskill. Other newspapers, where are you with this?