PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Chipmunks
Thread: RAF Chipmunks
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2015, 21:26
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aircraft F700 Sections

Coff, If I can help, I will try. Here's a list I picked up a while ago on "another site". I don't know what my interest was at the time, but it seems to be what you're looking for now ;

Section 1 - Leading Particulars. What oils and fuels were used, Weight and Moment forms and the register of controlled forms.

Section 2 - Limitations. The Reds, or Acceptable Limitations Log (F703). This is where faults and things that would have an adverse effect on the pilots ability to operate the aircraft were logged but the aircraft could still be operated. (scratch in the canopy etc) This section also had the Blues (F703A) which were mods etc which limited the flying capability and also the whites (703B) which were mods which enhanced the aircrafts ability in some way and were of interest to pilots.

Section 3 - Acceptable Deferred Defects (F704). The greens. This was also known as the Acceptable Deferred Faults log in later life. Stuff that was broken but wasn't going to affect the operation of the aircraft. (Panel holes in non-standard place etc)

Section 4 - Flight Servicing. Contained the F705 Flight Servicing Certificate, F705C Supplementary Flight Servicing Certificate, F725 Fatigue Monitoring log, F737 Oil replenishment log. F706 Weapon state change log, Fuel Uplifts away from base log, and anything else which involved the day to day maintenance required to keep the aircraft flying.

Section 5 - Maintenance. Held the 707A, register of jobcards raised

Section 6 - Scheduled and Out of Phase (OOP) maintenance forecast or short forecast sheet. These were generated by Eng Records using the F700A. Sched maint was primary and minor servicings etc done at set timescales. OOP was done in between or out of phase with the scheduled stuff. The short forecast detailed all the stuff due in the next X amount of days or Y amount of Flying Hours

Section 7 - Miscellaneous. Held things like compass swing data, IN error details, ETI recordings etc.

Credit to original author (unknown by this poster)!

On Transport aircraft for some time there was a duplicate F700 which travelled with the aircraft "down route" numbered the F700RT. Though I'm certain the practice had ended by the time I became a GE on Albert, where we were trusted to carry the original, and hand it back to the relevant Line Servicing Squadron after the debrief on RTB. Hope that helps.

Best

Smudge