PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 787 - most uncomfortable long-haul aircraft ever?
Old 17th Jun 2015, 17:56
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Maybe it is time for regulators to step in on health and safety grounds and mandate minimum seat width snd aisle width. History shows that in Y airlines will cram in as many seats as they can and some-BA comes to mind with its very poor 8 abreast Club, do the same to a degree in premium cabins.
With long haul travel now common lace I think a passenger ought to be assured of a safe comfortable seat of reasonable size and pitch. I do not agree it is purely pressure from pax for cheap fairs that airlines go for the sardine option, I think they want to do that and like to shift the blame a bit , not every passenger buys purely on price otherwise all TATL traffic would go via Iceland .

I don't blame Boeing over the seating but tout the 787 as the 'dreamliner' is a bit of a joke as the aircraft is no game changer from a pax experience viewpoint , certainly not like the 380 which most find vastly more comfortable and a recognisably different experience even for the much (on here) derided Y class.
Sadly the way of the modern world-who cares if its crap its cheapest and people should remember that its accountants who buy airliners and that is their mantra the world over.