PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sunstate pilot's Reps undercut Eastern pilots AGAIN
Old 17th Jun 2015, 02:29
Durandal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the way I see it too.

Current drivers (both seats) see a pay rise.

In effect, new joiners get close to current FO pay for the first 3 years (includiing 3+3+3). When you add in DHA, it would be the same or more coin than current FO's get.

Too grossly exaggerate the current pay scales to make a point!

Imagine if . . . . . . . (we all wish?)

Proposed new Dash8 EBA

New Capt Salary 300k a year

New FO Salary 200K a year

But FO's for the first 3 years, only a measly 150K.

"B SCALE ALERT, B SCALE ALERT"
Let's use your example for a moment with the reference "B SCALE ALERT, B SCALE ALERT"

Even in your example new hire FO's are worst off and this is setting a precedence for the company, it's not about the money, it is the principle.

In this EBA FO's get 55% for 3 years. In the next EBA they may get 50% for 4 years? Where does it stop? (look at American regional carriers, now i'm not saying this is anything like that but...) By allowing this to happen you're effecting telling the company we don't value new hires as much as someone who has been here for longer doing exactly the same job! The endorsement bond is much of a muchness because the company will make back the bond in the 3 years while the new FO is on a lower wage. As for the "more coin than current FO's" I doubt that is true. The latest vacancy note has come out, and I bet half of Adelaide base will probably bid back to their old base putting new hires in Adelaide on minimum duty hours. Great for lifestyle but I guarantee that new hires will be after more hours instead of sitting around on reserve

As for lifestyle, I can fully appreciate Eastern asking for 9 days off and I think it is crazy that Sunstate accepted 8 and a 1/2. The Sydney guys are working bloody hard as are the Brisbane Q400 guys and when you're doing maximum hours, every day off is appreciated.

Having said all of that, we need to wait for the document to be released so we can all have a good read before deciding.

Durandal