PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Possible new humanitarian/rescue operation coming up.
Old 16th Jun 2015, 19:54
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
HS, I think I agree with you. What is wrong with a continuous personnel throughout? RAF sqns work that way.

Using the fully constituted model you might have one sqn, fully worked up, combat ready and at the top of its game about a year after it starts. After another year it will need replacing as it is getting into a rut and is tired. No problem, its replacement has just completed its work up and it full efficiency. A third sqn, or retreads from the first is starting to work up. Basically, at some point you have a sqn at 100% readiness but then it starts to lose its edge.

In contrast a sqn with 10 crews, with a new crew joining every 3 months, and taking 6 months to work up, is at a maximum of 80%. Realistically a crew becoming tourex mayay be less effective so combat efficiency may be nearer 70%.

Which model is better ? One worked up or one working up so efficiency varying from 50% upwards or continuous rotation and efficiency around 70%.

Last edited by Pontius Navigator; 16th Jun 2015 at 21:23.