PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2015, 12:25
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

LTNman, or should that be LTNfan?

I thought you'd grown out of this need to play 'My airport is better than yours' no?

Who is this well established airline 'Atlantic Star' that you speak of? I thought they had some records in the 80's (debatable), but an airline? Sorry never heard of them. As for the 'South Atlantic run' you speak of, sounds so glamorous, like some 1950's Comet route. I'd give it... A season at max. That's if it even materialises to be honest.

You seem to have forgotten very quickly how Stansted have bagged SAS the Scandinavian legacy airline, FlyBe - Europe's largest independent regional airline. Not to mention TUI/Thomson - The largest leisure travel company choosing Stansted over Luton (their home soil) to launch longhaul routes to Cancun and Sanford next summer. Then we also have the number 2 leisure and travel company launching routes to Vegas as well as Orlando and Cancun this summer.

I reckon MAG are chuckling to themselves that 'LA Cantrunanairline' chose Luton as their boutique airport of choice over Stansted. I think MAG have bigger and better aspirations on their horizon than some 'two bob airline' that no one has ever heard of to be fair.

How are the good old folk of Southend btw? Bored perhaps?