PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2003, 18:43
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I am biased in EZYs favour - as I live only 19 (road) miles from LTN and prices would have to be VERY much lower for me to go anywhere else. That said - I have no cause for doubting my continued support, and recommendation, of them.

Of course some of their prices are high. That is the name of the game. If I knew that I needed to get to BCN and could book 364 days in advance - it would be cheaper than going next week!

Should EZY have bought GO? We will not know for sure for at least another two years. Should they have spent time looking into DBA? Probably not but I suspect that they started that process before knowing that GO was available. I sit to be corrected.

All that we are seeing is a company undergoing change. The big difference is that we can see that change happening publicly because of PPRuNe for which Many Thanks! I am given to believe that the third word in the title is Rumour?

Most other UK companies do not have a place like this - so the comments stay internal and in the pub. That is one of the aspects of the Web that we have not yet adjusted to.

I can see that for those crew and office staff that have been with the company since it's beginning may not like how things are today. That was always going to happen. Unless a company is started small with the intention of remaining small(!), then the growing pains are going to be painful. Other folk, who join the company now, may like it and - if the growth continues - find that in another five years that "Easy is not the company that I joined".

Have I been delayed by EZY in the past? Yes. Have I been delayed by BA in the past? Yes. Have I been delayed on the roads and the railways??? That is the nature of today's travel. Congestion of all pathways, coupled with a simultaneous desire to get as many journeys per day for revenue (bus/rail/plane) means that we shall have these problems for the forseeable future. All companies will continue to outource key functions to save money and that can make the line management of those functions very difficult. (I have been there, not in the airline biz but in IT). The only possibility for a carrier is to minimise the problems, as they cannot be eradicated.

Unless RW and the others bring the airline to it's knees, I shall continue to travel with them.