PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2015, 07:42
framer

Received 481 Likes on 129 Posts
FBN wrote
Why do you assume that everyone would want to be an airline pilot, I think it would be quite boring.

Confined space for hours on end with two or three other egocentric men - not for me I am afraid
Two years ago he also wrote:
Hold a CPL and wish to complete MECIR which flying schools in Melbourne area currently have this approval, my understanding is that Oxford and TVSA currently are signed off. Does anyone know the mechanisms/rules of doing training under VET in terms of could you do it part time etc ? Any other schools got the tick in the box yet ? Thanks and feel free to PM
And then spent the next 12 months enquiring about the Jetstar cadet program and the TTMRA.
He may have an ally in Bill English (the Finance Minister of New Zealand )though, who visited Australia this week. When asked what challenges he thought the Aus economy faced he said he had met a waiter on his trip who was going to earn $40 an hour this weekend, he said "that must be the highest paid waiter in the world" and went on to talk about how Australia has to remain competitive.
This agreement appears to be a sensible middle ground that both the pilots and the management are comfortable with. Excellent.