PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2015, 16:43
PhilipG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOSCS

I fully understand that the Bs are not coming to Europe due to the pressure on the B Fleet in achieving the first IOC of any of the F35 Variants.

My point was that with the pressure on the software development program, is the required software in the 2B version? No one has come out and said yes the software has been fully developed but not tested, nor has anyone come up and said, as the UK who wanted these evolutions decided to change to the C the reasonable decision was made to focus on Marine required functionality. So it might have slipped to 3F...

As regards SSL, is there a difference between the SL requirement that the USMC has and the length of a QEC class carrier, I do appreciate that surface friction comes into this as an undefined variable.

My other point was that I fail to see why LM and or the USAF do not feel it is appropriate to send some As over, unless they are worried about ALICE and the support issues this brings and the possibility that an aircraft with an un finalized version of the 3i software might not be acceptable for an aircraft displaying.

Philip