PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK : exit interviews ?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2015, 14:22
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tongo-sierra
Do me a favor and stop this bull**** . If i am a recruiter I will never hesitate to hire TP pilots , at least they can fly far better than guys with 3K on the bus . What do u see when u fly ur T7 or 388 ? I think one PFD and one ND . On 13hrs flight you fly manually may be 2 min , you push button on FCU and use the AT . This is what TP guys also see , but they do more , they manage the power manually all the time , they check (and double check ) the performance every time the temperature change , the FL change , they land in short fields , fly most of time on the weather,fly 6 legs a day,and if they loose 1 engine its more spectacular than any jet in world . I flew TP many years ago , the jet transition was a p of cake. So please be professional .
Peace....
I think what he is referring to is not the quality of the TP pilot, but more the fact that your average turboprop guy has a total of 1500 hours time spent mostly in one country i.e. theater of flying.

IF the target was TP guys with 10000 hours that would be great but there aren't many of those as they tend to leave at 1500 hours for the job on the shiny new jet.

Most posters are simply foreseeing the issue of recruiting minimum experience guys on to widebody jets who will then likely require a good few years more in the right seat before command... and bearing in mind the new captains will only have limited experience themselves then there could be quite an experience imbalance within the company compared to the past.

However, this shouldn't be an issue as we can just write more and more SOPs to cover every conceivable situation, and have every landing done as a GLS Autoland to mitigate the 'handling' issues.