PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Fleet Order Speculation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2015, 09:38
Flyboat North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope they go well, but you would have to admit really that their international business has gone remarkably poorly over the past 30 years , by any objective measure.

& like the car industry before them normally you know an industry is in its death spiral when they try to fleabag off the taxpayer

There is no airline anywhere that pays anywhere near the kind of dough the QF pilots get.

QF are paying their second officers between $150 to $200 K USD , miles more than a garden variety BA Capt. A380 Capts on $450 K (AUD) and B747 Capts on an average of $400 K

Where is the chip my friend ? , I hope they do well , but if they don't change their work practices in a fairly drastic way , QF will just progressively shut down the international business.

Figures don't include super , A380 SOs have grossed $280K (AUD), nearly three times your Cathay SOs

Income tax just has nothing to do with it, we are talking about how much money the airline pays the crew member.

Do a calc of the wages of a Melb/HK Cathay Versus QF - for that one week of work, & the work rates of pilots/cabin crew , don't imagine CX would be taking the SO along for seven hour jaunts like QF do out of Sing

Looks like you picked the right airline to join

Last edited by Flyboat North; 15th Jun 2015 at 09:54.