PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More resignations at easyJet...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2003, 16:54
Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Still Crazy After All These Years!

What-Ho! Chaps, somebody mention my name? Eh?

Ah now, let's see what we have here. A couple of peeps doing the mischief-making, a few other disaffected souls spreading misinformation/scurrilous scuttle-butt along with a balance of replies from the customers. The customer replies range from "I'll never fly with you again", (the daft, cut off my nose to spite my face emotional type), to "great to see EZY giving the consumer the choice they didn't have for the last 30 years!" (much more realistic IMHO).

One of the amusing things about this thread, is that there are some pilots who obviously work for EZY and who whinge about everything to do with the operation of the airline and now they are dripping on about there being so many recent changes! Incredible!? Let's face facts, after the amalgamation of the two airlines, there were bound to be too many people employed to do all the necessary jobs so some would eventually have to go.

In respect of the departure of the two ex RFMs, well this is an interesting one - their positions were made redundant in a cabinet reshuffle which coincided almost exactly with their resignations. The fact that they are going to an airline with no aeroplanes (yet), that is starting up to operate from the HQ base of one of the most successful and aggressive low-cost operators in the world, is a brave move indeed! We wish them well, they are good blokes. The remaining RFM has now been appointed as temporary acting FOM and he's a good bloke too.

It is true that the rostering/crewing depts are undergoing metamorphosis the like of which we have not seen before, but how overdue is that? Thank God somebody considers the whole thing important enough to get the adverts out in Flight Int for some really good hired help to come in. As for giving new entry pilots the base of their choice - well you've gotta put it in perspective. What we do need is plenty of type-rated boys 'n girls and also some DECs. We must get these pilots in so that the expansion may continue and the roster dept can build rosters that work well. 120 plus pilots moved base in the first few months of this year and the majority of new joiners get their first choice of base on arrival, hence the waiting lists for the bases are very small.

Atm EZY are doing CMD Courses with 8 guys per month and shortly these will increase methinks to get the left-hand seats filled - name an airline that is doing more internal Commands?

There are now 70+ lines of flying, sequenced quite closely together and when you look at the Ops Board it is a chuffing miracle that it works at all. Tens of aircraft, hundreds of sectors, thousands of employees and tens of thousands of passengers, nearly all getting to where they want to go ontime and cheaply - amazing! Oh!......and all run from a tin shed at LTN.

No, not "struck dumb" Khasabman thankyou and yes I am still here. I work with some brilliant people on the line and I love every minute of it. We have all "considered our position" over the past few years and if you are unhappy don't stay - move. I'm happy and I'm staying, end of story.

Toodle pip playmates! Max (Zero Fuel Weight)