PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody use a motorbike to get to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2015, 18:24
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't really wish to be a naysayer but...
Factor the 30 hours a year saved (out of how many hours in your life?) against the real possibility of
having to deal with consequences of one of those pre-occupied and possibly frustrated 'motorists' getting you.

An enforced stay in hospital, months of rehab and the legacy of a lifetime disability (if you're lucky).
These days, the cards are stacked against you if you mix it with commuter traffic.

Having said that, I'm still a keen biker (Triumph Thruxton, currently) but keep my riding for the right times and places.
Motorcycling would have to be one of the purer forms of enjoyment and satisfaction (behind flying, of course).

In my ever-so-humble opinion, commuting on two wheels is a dangerous activity and a false economy, in terms of both time
and money, when one looks at the big picture.
Leave a little earlier and enjoy some good music in the comfort of your motor car while thinking of your forthcoming biking weekend.

p.s. It brings to mind the exchange between an oldie and a youngster: "Do you know where you're going?" - "No, but if I don't hurry, I'll be late!"

Last edited by Stanwell; 14th Jun 2015 at 19:49. Reason: add ps