PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas launches London and Hong Kong offices.
Old 29th Jul 2001, 17:24
fr8box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaver Driver,
I'm sure you folks at Atlas are expecting management to employ more underhanded tactics in your fight for a contract. I was in JFK recently and talked to some of the Polar crews. There seems to be some talk of Atlas moving four or five of your 200s to Polar's certificate. I can't imagine that would be acceptable, not with many of your crews currently on furlough. Can you shed any light on the subject? It seems your Polar brothers are placing lots of hope on the fact the rumors are true. From an outsider, it appears to me Atlas management is planning on playing the two companies against each other.

Glue Ball,
Yep, I agree, the new crew duty policies will save a few jobs. One interesting fact I've noticed. ACMI carriers such as the one with whom I'm employed, are vigorously looking for new "interpretations" of existing rules. This in an effort to circumvent the new policies. They've been pretty ingenious so far. It's amazing to see to what they'll stoop to get their way. Let's just hope the new policies are vigorously enforced by the FAA.