PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radar Coverage at Ballina
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 23:26
Rosebrook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ballina

So glad of the previous post. I agree. I learned to fly at Ballina and still go there occasionally. It's unusual to have more than two aircraft in the vicinity at any one time. You might get to four including a commercial operator. I don't understand what justified tax payers funding a multi million fire station.

The near miss with the metro liner and heli 2013was just that..a near miss accident. They happen all the time all day long..it life. a procedural radio error and error caught in time. Flying school have now beefed up their radio checks.

I have experienced commercial operator radio error...on the ground they are on area I guess and not listening to ctaf. No big problem just deal with it with appropriate caution.

Dick..perusing this ifr to ground will only result in a d tower at Ballina and kill off the local ga a lot more a lot quicker. More unjustified tax payer funding. Over regulation is way more of a problem than this in killing off ga, but it doesn't need a tower at Ballina to make it worse.