PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 23:08
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rivet Joint

It's not really an indication at all, the new management's strategies haven't changed. It's a two armed strategy of white label flying and regional connectivity, not only point to point but to the world. Look at how many code shares Flybe have now. This is an indication that they are trying to connect the regions to the world without having to touch LHR. The UK market is largely saturated on the trunk routes and the only way to make it work is to fly smaller aircraft with higher frequencies to give the customers choice. What about the 195s at CWL I hear you ask, firstly the 195s are a costly mistake undertaken by the previous management and the deal isn't aircraft specific, it was a 10 year deal to fly routes from CWL. The 195s are proving difficult to offload so why not mitigate the losses on them by flying them? That's exactly what they are doing. I have to be careful with sensitive information being posted on here so I'll stop there because I don't know what's in the public domain and what isn't, but my humble opinion is that you will see a few more regional airports utilised that are currently under served in the future, and if they can achieve this by offloading some of the risks & associated costs then why not?. In doing all this they are just serving their core business, it's positive, not negative. You could possibly buy a ticket to fly from NQY to Sydney, that's got to be a good thing, surely?