PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 22:25
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAN Website Not Featuing MAN Routes.

Earlier this evening, a friend contacted me for advice on booking a flight from MAN to Budapest. To save time (so I thought) I searched on the 'timetable' function of the Manchester Airport website. I figured that this would show me both Ryanair and Jet2 flights on one page view.

However, I found myself directed to some flight search engine obviously associated with a third-party agency. I did a search for flights between Manchester and Budapest.

JET2 (which I know to be operating four return flights per week on the route) DID NOT FEATURE AT ALL in the search results.

RYANAIR (which I know to be operating four return flights per week on the route) DID NOT FEATURE AT ALL in the search results.

What did come up were a series of options via Star Alliance and Skyteam hubs, in each case significantly exceeding Jet2 and Ryanair in price and journey duration (based on info from their own websites).

I consider this quite appalling and a disgrace to Manchester Airport. I'm aware that MAG will blame their third-party provider, but IMHO it is incumbent upon MAG themselves to ensure that their own in-house website directs customers to the airport's own flights. By all means post connecting options as well, but MAN's own non-stop operators MUST feature.

I urge MAG to PULL THE PLUG IMMEDIATELY on this system which misdirects customers away from services provided non-stop by carriers serving this airport. Most users will assume there is NO service from MAN to BUD based upon these search results. This system directly disadvantages MAN's most loyal based-carriers and could actively contribute to the failure and withdrawal of lesser-known routes.

MAG: It is better to have no 'timetable' function at all on your in-house website than this damaging abomination. No amount of referral commission justifies this travesty. AXE IT NOW.

Last edited by Shed-on-a-Pole; 13th Jun 2015 at 22:36.