PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 18:36
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rivet Joint
Deano: This is a forum, such a thing wouldn't exist if people didn't give their own personal opinion on matters.

Adfly: I do not have a hatred of BOH. My annoyance comes from the fact I rely on BE at SOU heavily and after all these years of solidifying a great base they are deciding to stick a thorn in their own side and operate a marginal base that is kept afloat because Manchester airport group did a deal with them. I find it odd that you live in Southampton yet appear to wish for BOH to succeed? Incidentally, my previous post wasn't solely aimed at BOH, reports that BE have signed a 10 year deal to operate at CWL is further evidence of their short sighted strategy. The second the financial incentives dry up, these airports will be back to being seasonal operations.
I wish to see both succeed, and do not see how a 1 1/2 aircraft base would significantly dilute Flybe's sizable operation at SOU. Each serves a different market and catchment, of course in a ideal world there would be a single airport with the transport links of SOU and the airfield of BOH!