PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2015, 11:16
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, Diesel, I should have been more specific. No JCAB ATPL, no flying for AJX. In order to get a JCAB ATPL issued you have to have the 100 hours PIC X-country, as well as the night stuff etc.

As Kraus said, we had one guy who'd completed most of the course. He'd done his type rating test in the sim and was due to sit his ATPL check. During the course of checking his paperwork before they put him up for the check our office staff noticed that he did not have the 100 hours PIC X-country. He'd gone through a cadet program and gone straight to the 744 but that wasn't good enough! He was not allowed to sit the ATPL check and was let go from AJV (at the time) but, all credit to him, he went to the States and bashed holes in the sky in a puddle jumper to get the requisite hours and then he came back to AJV.......and started all over again He's now a captain

The Japanese have no idea what PICUS is so, no, that won't fly.

one of the hiring pilots from LONGREACH CHINA
I can see your problem straight away; you believed something that someone associated with China said. First off, if it's someone from China then it's almost certainly going to be a lie. Second, the Chinese rules may well be different to Japan. I really don't know but, then again, I'm not for one moment pretending I do....unlike the the guy from LC.

Have a chat with the people at Crew. They're used to dealing with pilots from the USA and know what they're talking about with AJX, so they'll be able to tell you exactly what you need and don't need. They might even be able to advise you on the best razor to use on your face fungus