PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Jun 2015, 10:52
Flyboy41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Just to share my experience. I joined QR in mid Jan and completed my training 3rd week of may. So just a little over 4 months from the time I first set foot in the office on day 1 for the induction to being released online. My post was for DEC NTR. The training was much more at a 'relaxed pace' compared to my previous airline. By 'relaxed pace' I mean you get a couple of days off in between, the instructors both SIM and online were very professional and eager to instruct. Things change everyday here in QR, literally not as a figure if speech!! Aircraft orders are still coming in gradually so they are going to need crew. But as Samolin said, Ramadan is around the corner so expect things to slow down considerably till the 3rd week of July.
Doha is what you make of it. My wife and son will be joining me soon as its better to get thru the training before bringing your family over. However, they did come over briefly for a few days previously to complete resident permit and school formalities.
The middle east may not be everyones cup of tea, but the routes are good, schedules are good (maybe except the A320), pay is good, aircrafts pretty new, maintenance and training excellent. But moving the family over is sometimes not that easy, but believe me it can work!! Good luck to all still waiting, just a little patience. I did my fair share of waiting too.....